ROLE OVERVIEW: The CFO will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be a key member of the senior leadership team who must be willing to challenge the status quo while championing the strategic direction of the company. S/he will provide leadership for development, implementation, & evaluation of policies and procedures, strategies, and performance of the financial functions. This individual will direct the organization's financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders, and the financial community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but may not be limited to the following:
- Oversees and directs budgeting, audits, payroll, tax, accounting, purchasing, long range forecasting, pricing modeling, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Directs the Finance team in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Appraises the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of budget programs.
- Coordinates tax reporting programs and investor relations activities.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the corporation's financial reports, including annual reports.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations.
- Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution and determines their financial impact.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with stockholders, financial institutions, and the investment community.
Education and/or Experience:
- Well-qualified executive with 8-10 years of experience serving as a strategic finance and accounting leader (preferably as a SaaS CFO).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required or equivalent experience
- Certified Public Accountant designation is a plus.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills, as well as a desire to collaborate, build rapport, add value and effectively problem-solve with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic minded combined with analytically proficient, with ability to understand all aspects of the business and drive strategy.
- Proven business acumen and clear comprehension of the legal, regulatory and financial elements of the business. Extensive knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues.
- Agile and decisive; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also leading to clarity and solutions; adapts quickly and effectively to change.
- Well-versed in presentations, accustomed to addressing large groups, vendors, partners, and shareholders.
- Innate attention to detail and high level of accuracy