Capital Markets Sr. Associate at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We're looking for an outstanding team member to join Affirm’s Capital Markets team! Affirm Capital is responsible for structuring, negotiating, and executing a critical part of Affirm’s revenue strategy. As a Capital Markets Sr. Associate, you will build and own a significant portion of the platform’s funding strategy which drives Affirm’s ability to scale its consumer point-of-sale lending business globally - this is a complex role essential to the functioning of a consumer finance and payments platform. The ideal team member will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business from a unique perspective and learn how Capital Markets fits into broader corporate initiatives
- Play a meaningful role in developing and executing on Capital Markets strategy, including owning significant components of live transactions
- Own deal processes from start to finish, including structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution
- Take charge of communication with Engineering, Product, Commercial, and Credit/Risk teams to drive scale for Affirm’s capital platform and funding strategy
- Help build and manage relationships with existing and potential investors
What we look for
- 3+ years in structured finance, fixed-income investing, trading, private equity, consulting, or product/strategy roles.
- Ability to reason through first principles and think outside of the box
- High level of humility and ability to own mistakes
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus, but not required
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Humility and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Clear alignment with Affirm’s core values
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.