Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
As a Capital Markets Director, you will play an integral role in shaping the capital structure of a high-growth company, creating new, innovative solutions to the financing of residential real estate. Capital Markets is a core function at Opendoor, responsible for securing the capital necessary to acquire homes and fuel the company’s growth. You will work on projects such as the negotiation and structuring of new asset lending facilities, the raising of equity, debt, and hybrid capital, general balance sheet management, leading investor diligence, and launching various other strategic initiatives. We’re looking for a bright, driven and team-oriented individual to join our team!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Play a direct role in financing Opendoor’s core business and continued expansion
- Guide the creation of an entirely new asset class within residential real estate
- Develop a deep understanding of Opendoor’s business model and strategy
- Analyze and interpret the impact of various funding strategies while working in the context of broader corporate goals
- Supervise and provide input on structuring, legal negotiation, and documentation with funding counterparties alongside counsel and capital markets deal leads
- Lead, mentor, and coach teammates
- Cultivate and expand relationships with external partners, including investors, lenders, and legal counsel
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in investment banking / finance, asset management, private equity, or similar capital markets role
- Broad understanding of capital markets, funding strategies, and structured products
- Significant experience in structuring and negotiating asset-backed financing and securitization
- Analytical mindset and strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to take ownership and independently drive projects to completion
- Excitement about working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment
- Experience with SQL and data analytics tooling
- Direct experience with residential real estate financing
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description