By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Financial Business Systems Analyst role is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies supporting the Finance and Accounting teams. This role works closely with internal Finance Business Operations leaders to effectively collect requirements, manage, support, and implement changes to existing financial systems and implement new financial systems solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Builds the foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to the business vision. Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle by establishing agreements and serving as a liaison between business users and the project team
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Be able to diagram and elaborate current & future state application workflows in detail
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle activities – design, develop, and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements
- Research and resolve issues, assisting in outlining enhancements
- Provide technical and functional expertise across financial systems. Serve as SME across various application platforms and finance process areas.
- Provide product support, track escalations, perform root cause analysis, and work with vendors to resolve issues
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, release notes, and conduct end-user training
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Financial ERP System Administration, Consulting, or Business Analyst experience (Oracle NetSuite preferred) with familiarity working in global, integrated system landscapes
- Strong understanding of business financial processes, including but not limited to Quote to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Revenue Recognition
- Highly proficient in verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn and build knowledge of new or expanding solutions
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently with changing priorities
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Coupa, Zuora RevPro, and/or Blackline
- Familiarity with Financial System integrations using Dell Boomi or other IaaS solutions
- Prior experience working in the global software industry
- Certifications in Financial ERP software
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Read Full Job Description