Business Analyst - Accounting at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:28 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Business Analyst - AccountingDescriptionBusiness Analyst - AccountingSouthern Company is a leading producer of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy, and we approach each day as a vital step in building the future of energy. At Southern Company we are always looking ahead, and our innovations in the industry-from new nuclear to deployment of electric transportation and renewables -help brighten the lives and businesses of millions of customers nationwide.This position will provide day to day functional support for Accounting business applications and processes centrally managed and administered by Shared Services Support (SSS). The application support includes Oracle Financials Cloud applications across all subsidiaries of the Southern Company footprint. The analyst will support end-to-end Project to Record business processes and associated reporting and will work closely with key business partners to provide application maintenance, process improvements and customer support.This position will perform and support the execution, monitoring and testing of identified key controls; conduct and support audit activities and coordinate with other SSS support resources across the Southern System. The SSS analyst will collaborate with SSS support resources and assist the Technology Organization, as they provide functional and infrastructure support for SSS supported applications. The analyst will also support the application release strategy in testing cases and writing scripts for user acceptance testing.The Analyst will also support SSS management on Special Projects, Strategic Planning Support and Business Continuity.JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills )Job Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in business, Computer Science, IT, Accounting, or related discipline is required.
- Exhibits strong analytical and organization skills and an attention to detail.
- Experience in providing end-user application support to multiple user groups exercising sound business judgment.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience implementing and/or supporting Accounting Enterprise software.
- Demonstrated experience assisting in gathering and documenting business requirements, leading fit-gap analysis, as-is and to-be business process designs, functional configuration, testing, client user training.
- Working knowledge of Accounting Enterprise software. Oracle ERP Project Costing, Project Billing, Project Management knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to perform and manage business process changes/requirements to include development of functional design documents, impact analysis, configuration, testing, and training.
- Knowledge of account reconciliation, period close processes, and controls is desired.
- Provide effective response to end-user cases accurately and in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Project based accounting.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; communicating effectively across all organization levels.
- Proactive problem solving and analytical skills.
- Work effectively across the entire organization - with non-technical and technical professionals
- High degree of initiative and personal responsibility "ownership" for assignments.
- A proven individual work ethic and team effectiveness
- Ability to analyze and comprehend business problems and provide solutions that will maximize its value to its stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a team, build superior customer relationships, and collaborate with interfacing support teams e.g., Technology Organization, Cross-Functional teams and Controls teams.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Candidate must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company culture - Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment.
- Application Support and Troubleshooting
- Effectively mediate between end-users, other SSS resources and Technology Organization for application support, prioritizing issues, patches, upgrades, and enhancements
- Work with SSS Key Business Partners in the implementation of changes to SSS supported processes and procedures / code changes, including testing and remediation of issues.
- Research / Troubleshoot issues that impact key processes and procedures across Enterprise supported applications.
- Maintain configuration of Accounting Enterprise Software and perform testing of business changes and monthly patches provided from the vendor.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and as a key partner with the TO Center of Excellence organization for Enterprise Solutions application changes.
- Functional Specification Design
- Project work for new functionality, and enhancements
Read Full Job Description