Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Budgets & Rates Business Unit Manager - FP&A
What You’ll Do:
- Finance Leader effective at developing people:
- Develop team with individual goals
- Supervise, hire and manage the team
- Performance reviews measuring results for continual improvement
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure personal growth and management visibility
- Increase financial acumen
- Establish effective relationships that partner with customers: internal and external:
- Interface at Ball Aerospace VP and President level as well as with the Customer
- Report to a Director, FP&A for Ball Aerospace
- Process owner responsible for budget cycles and FPRP:
- Finance Leadership of Budgets and Rates tools; liaison with ITS
- Manage and coordinate the budget process
- Responsible for current, accurate and complete budgets and rates:
- Prepare and present budgets and rates
- Analysis and value-added recommendations
- Training on budget inputs, structure, allocations, and budget management
- Responsible for FP&A work instructions and processes
- Present recommendations and implement rate pool alignments and structure.
- Responsible for most-likely rate scenarios with recommendations.
- Provide what-If rate analyses and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Influence stakeholder understanding of budgets and rates with desired EVA outcomes.
- Understanding program requirements and the associated forecast impacts of rates.
- Responsible for understanding FP&A within a US Government contractor.
- Responsible for audits: SOX, FPRP, Business Systems and EVMS JSRs.
- Support disclosure statement(s) updates and cost impact assessments.
- Ability to analyze data using financial tools.
- Trends, variance analysis and root causes.
- Understand indirect activity and allocation methods.
- Excellent communication skills are expected, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly analytical with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Prepare and present pertinent financial information up to Executive levels.
- Strong team player, professional and conscientious.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Possess sound decision-making skills and the ability to manage multiple complex projects and drive for results.
- Inspires self and others, makes lasting connections and achieves results within a team environment.
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Ball Aerospace Resource Tool (BART)
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Deltek Costpoint
- Microsoft: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Business Objects
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.