Billing Specialist at Curriculum Associates
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking to hire a Billing Specialist to join our growing finance team. This position primary function includes invoicing and customer billing resolution. This position participates in multi-faceted dispute resolution situations which require specialized problem-solving skills and knowledge of the company process and procedures to effectively manage and resolve the customer's invoicing request. This position will report directly to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor. This is a hands-on role with specific responsibilities to process customer invoices daily.The impact you'll have:
- Generate invoices to customers from various invoicing queues within the financial system
- Consolidate invoices for purchase orders in the invoice attached queue
- Complete claims forms required by various states to accompany invoices
- Perform credit checks for new customers and update customer's payment terms
- Manage customer balances on extended payment plans to invoice as appropriate
- Manage invoicing mailbox requests in a timely manner
- Asist with management of Accounts Receivable customer hotline
- Provide proof of delivery (POD) to selected customers upon request
- Coordinate with internal groups (sales ops, PD/Educational specialists, customer service, collections, finance) to resolve customer issues.
- Assist in special projects as needed
- Minimum 2 years of experience with high-volume Invoicing, AR, or similar role
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Experience with Workday ERP is a plus
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.