Sprout Social is used by over 30,000 brands worldwide including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Our Finance team isn't your typical month-end close type of department. We're a dynamic team working in a fast-paced and always changing environment which means our Billing Specialist will have the opportunity to play a large part in standardizing the customer experience. Although we might live in spreadsheets and provide financial information to the business, that's only the tip of the iceberg. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing. Doing our jobs effectively means we approach each interaction with confidence, each process with diligence, and our customers with care.
The Billing Specialist we seek is someone with past billing experience or work-related experience in B2B customer service, someone who is able to communicate clearly across departments, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to maximize efficiency.
If you are looking to have an impact and play a large part in the development of our best in class Finance team, we'd love to speak with you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service or operational role , using several different software systems in tandem
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Strong oral & written communication skills, plus the ability to summarize complex situations for understanding and alignment
- Demonstrated collaboration with cross-functional teams to meet deadlines and common goals
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout's New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You'll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization
- Have a deep understanding of the Finance team's goals and key objectives and the impact our work has on Sprout's overall business objectives
Within 3 months, you will...
- Forge relationships with key players internally
- Understand the invoicing process and independently book new, renewal, and amendment invoices to ensure an organized and timely cash flow
- Independently identify and apply cash payments
- Confidently approach written and phone interactions with Sprout's customers
Within 6 months, you will...
- Foster internal and external rapport and communication across Sprout
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot subscription oddities and discrepancies
- Effectively contribute to the Finance team's review and reporting processes
Within 12 months, you will...
- Be a go-to Billing contact for all areas of the business
- Run like a well-oiled machine and increase the efficiency of the invoicing process
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We're proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment-your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement .
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.