LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
The position participates in the entire billing process including subscription contract billing, transactional billing and manual template billings based on LivePerson’s customer needs. Perform and help direct others in the execution of the billing from start to finish, including the distribution of all invoices through various channels including email, standard mail and third- party distribution methods.
The Billing Manager is responsible for helping to coordinate the resolution of any invoice requests from internal or external points of contact and is one of the ultimate SME for any questions or escalations.
The position is instrumental in testing all related system modifications. Individuals must be technically savvy, able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven and customer focused environment.
In this role you will:
- Ownership of oversight and execution of billing all of LivePerson’s customers globally, including subscription and transactional products along with a team of Billing Specialists.
- Ensure existing customers receive excellent service, accurate invoicing, and custom billing solutions.
- Resolve all billing errors; work with various teams to implement automated fixes and/or manual controls to prevent identified errors.
- Subject Matter Expert for billing processes; participate and review testing of system enhancements/modifications to existing functionality and processes.
- Prepare and review various billing analyses and reconciliations; identify potential issues, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Facilitate M&A integration activities.
- This role interacts with multiple departments across LivePerson. It also involves extensive customer and other 3rd party interaction.
- Responsible for professional execution of accurate and timely billing which drives cash flow and financial performance as well as internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Work with and discover how each individual team member contributes their talents and help them achieve their goals.
Your qualifications are:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting) preferred. In lieu of a degree, education and work experience will be considered.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge Level: In-depth of subject matter and Zuora experience a must.
- Experience: 5+ years.
- Ability to reconcile accounts and understand general ledger transactions.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and experience with month-end closing processes.
- Problem Solving: Strong critical thinking and analysis skills required; Develops solutions to problems, identifies and proposes alternatives.
- Level of Autonomy: Independently determines/develops approach to solution; Self-motivated and action oriented; hands on, roll up your sleeves individual required.
- Strong work ethic, results driven and commitment to meeting deadlines and achieving company and department goals.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to successfully accomplish all responsibilities in a fast-paced, growing and demanding environment.
- Ability to professionally interact with different departments throughout the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.