Billing & Collections Coordinator, Lake Mary at CNA (Chicago, IL)
Under general supervision handles internal and external customer calls and emails relating to billing and/or policy status.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Independently conducts contacts via phone or email with external customers in pursuit of collection or resolution of aged receivables.
- Provides responses in writing and/or by telephone within designated call and transaction parameters.
- Performs analysis and balance reconciliation of financial data to ensure accuracy of all transactions and open balances.
- Determines and initiates actions such as corrections policy cancellations/ reinstatements balance transfers to legal collections etc. to resolve issues and disputes.
- Owns all internal actions including follow through to ensure that all related corrective actions or transactions are supported by peer areas in underwriting processing and billing & collections.
- Maintains detailed file activity documentation through closure of collection efforts.
- Communicates professionally and effectively follows up and keeps customers informed. Builds strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Provides superior service to our customers and internal business partners acting with a sense of urgency.
- Provides user assistance with website navigation assistance.
- Identifies issues and process improvement opportunities on a routine basis
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong written verbal and interpersonal communication skills including professional phone etiquette and the ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Analytical skills with the ability to work independently and proactively to identify and resolve problems.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work.
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum two years of relevant experience.