AVP, Underwriting Operations - Inland Marine (Remote) at Argo Group
At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
This position will oversee process and systems transformations, product management, and management of Underwriting Support Team for Inland Marine.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing foundational and strategic compliance responsibilities with consistent excellence that support the team and management.
- Oversees regulatory and reinsurance audits, SOX Audit, data security audits, audit planning, and assessing audit preparedness.
- Support inquiries/investigations on data from Underwriting, Actuary, Finance, Premium Receivables, Reinsurance, Predictive Analytics, et al.
- Oversee UW Support Management, including organization design to ensure accurate staffing levels and ensuring a high level of customer support to Inland Marine underwriting team
- Oversight of rater integration/maintenance
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and manage performance for UW Support team.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to lead the design, implementation, and change management activities related to the rollout of new key tools for Inland Marine, including Appian Workflow, Duck Creek, etc.
- Apply process improvement and design methodologies to analyze issues and develop enhancements to Inland Marine systems.
- Ensure all binders/policies/midterm changes are handled quickly/accurately
- Find solutions/work arounds to complex processes and system issues
- Work with Product Management on any form needs/assistance
- Monitor and ensure newly created forms are added to raters/quote generators and CAPS (as applicable)
- Participate in disaster recovery exercises
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Higher education is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years insurance industry experience
- Minimum of 7 years of Project/Product and Process Improvement activities preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical and mathematical skills
- Detail-oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in decision making processes and ability to support those decisions.
- Very strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Results oriented with the ability to review and direct to achieve desired results while still maintaining strong relationships with agents.
- Computer literacy including strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams
- Minimal travel required.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $105,000 - $140,000 plus eligibility for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.