The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Bank Channel Product Owner and Actuary
Lead product development and pricing for the Retirement Division Bank Channel life insurance product suite. This includes new product development, actuarial modeling and pricing and management of inforce products. Location flexible as hiring manager is fully remote.
· Collaborate effectively with all actuarial stakeholders on pricing (e.g. secure risk approvals, align with existing internal methodologies)
· Collaborate effectively with non-actuarial product stakeholders to ensure that product effectively reaches the target market (e.g secure agreement on product design, incorporate sales feedback, support marketing materials)
· Deliver financial projections (Statutory and US GAAP) that rely on modeling best practices (currently using MG ALFA)
· Serve as a product expert for any questions that concern pricing results and model output
· Ensure pricing analysis is robust, and timely
· Perform data analysis on experience data, which could include emerging demographics and mortality and lapse experience
· Automate processes for efficiency and to reduce the potential for error
- 5+ years industry experience preferred
- 3+ years life insurance experience strongly preferred
- FSA or near- FSA exam progress
- Life product pricing experience
- Experience modeling in MG ALFA ideal
- Experience interfacing with sales/distribution staff for product design, product training and product feedback a plus
- Results oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative to learn and grow is a must -- a drive to establish/maintain relationships
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
More Information on Protective Life
Protective Life operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Birmingham, AL. Protective Life was founded in 2022. It has 2912 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 52 open jobs at Protective Life, click here.
Read Full Job Description