Associate/Senior Associate, Investigations at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Compliance Associate, Investigations
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced investigators responsible for critical functions within the Compliance and the AML/BSA/Sanctions program. You will have responsibilities including, but are not limited to, performing Level 3 analysis and adjudication of escalated alerts, preparation of Suspicious Activity Report (“SAR”) filings, drafting subpoena responses and analysis, leverage intelligence gained from business-as-usual activities to develop enhancements to the Compliance program and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time. This position will have frequent interaction with firm senior management, third party vendors/auditors, and the Director of Investigations.
Gemini’s Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development, while being an integral part of the Investigations Team.
- Conduct investigations of customer activity to determine whether such activity warrants reporting.
- Draft and prepare SAR filings.
- Gather information from different workstreams and sources to develop typologies and recommendations for control enhancements.
- Conduct customer outreach to gather additional information regarding customer activity.
- Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset services, and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance.
- Comfort within a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including case management systems, and web-based databases.
- Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, CAMS, CFE.
- Knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA and Sanctions regulations.
- Experience drafting and preparing SAR filings.
- Familiarity with virtual currencies, digital transaction cycles or blockchain tracing/analytics tools.
- Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Google Suite Applications
- Comfort with an ever-changing regulatory and business environment.
- Business or Native language fluency in Spanish.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.