Associate, Risk Management and Capital Markets at NielsenIQ
About the job
Reporting to the VP, Risk Management and Capital Markets, the Treasury Analyst will be an important contributor to a team of treasury professionals from diverse backgrounds working together to drive long term value at NIQ. This role will seek to accomplish that objective through ensuring global liquidity and managing financial risk.Job Description
· Support capital markets activities required to satisfy short term and long term financing needs. Expect to work closely with the company’s revolver, term loans, factoring program, bank lines of credit, guarantees, and letters of credit. This role will be especially close to ongoing maintenance requirements such as preparing periodic compliance certifications, monitoring baskets, overseeing fees and debt servicing, and calculating financial covenants.
· Monitor and analyze financial exposures, market conditions, and counterparties, especially as related to foreign exchange and interest rates, and execute on the company’s risk mitigation strategies. Expect to work closely with a portfolio of derivative instruments such as forwards, options, and swaps. This role will be especially close to identifying, measuring, and reporting exposures. Through researching and understanding market conditions and best practice financial risk mitigation techniques, this role will play a meaningful part in designing and implementing the company’s hedging strategies including recommending the approach, trading into positions, confirming and settling transactions, and preparing all reports needed to establish and support hedge accounting efforts.
· Support general treasury initiatives to maximize efficiencies and minimize costs.
· Contribute to the design and implementation of treasury controls and documentation of best practice policies.
· Participate in the preparation of financial presentations especially those related to lenders and rating agencies.Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, or Economics.
· Two or more years of related experience in corporate treasury or banking.
· Basic familiarity with capital markets, foreign exchange, accounting and economic principles, and financial statements.
· Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required. Experience with SAP and Bloomberg a plus.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and with external partners such as banks, auditors, lenders, rating agencies, and analysts.Additional Information
The successful candidate will be comfortable operating with a high degree of independence in a fast paced environment. They will be highly organized with a strong focus on meeting deadlines. They will feel comfortable managing multiple responsibilities at once and adapting to changing priorities. With colleagues and bank counterparties spread across the globe, it is especially important that the successful candidate is comfortable thinking outside the box to solve complex problems, is an effective communicator, and collaborates effortlessly with cross functional teams.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.