Associate Director, Competitive Pricing at Chewy
Chewy is seeking an Associate Director of Competitive Pricing on Chewy’s Merchandising Systems & Services (MSS) team, which is responsible for creating the systems and services infrastructure for all Chewy businesses. Our team’s mission is to be the backbone for Chewy’s Business, helping win long-term customer trust, business growth and profitability. We directly own the Assortment, Pricing, Catalog & Content and Vendor Systems & Services functions and are building the scalable systems and process frameworks that will fuel Chewy’s business growth for the next decade and for 5x growth. The person filling this new leadership role will own the roadmap definition, system & process implementation, and on-going management of Chewy pricing operations to ensure our customers find the best prices for pet products on our site. S/he will build a high functioning team that partners cross functionally with senior leaders (VPs and CXOs) and other program/product teams across the whole organization to manage Chewy’s pricing strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Define and execute roadmap for Competitive Pricing at Chewy, covering end-to-end systems and operations, with a heavy emphasis on building scalable systems, processes, and advanced analytics to prioritize & optimize pricing strategy and decision making.
- Develop comprehensive systems for Chewy to scale price decisions that accelerates our ability to providing best-in-market experience for our customers.
- Manage a large team of direct reports to execute pricing decisions, while creating closed-loop program management and KPIs across all Categories to assess and continually raise the benchmark standards for our pricing outcomes.
- Utilize and implement advanced analytics to proactively identify P&L, inventory, and operational trends that pricing levers can impact, then communicate to and mobilize cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions.
- Champion cross functional initiatives with Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, Site Merchandising, Engineering, and other departments to translate pricing intelligence data and analytic insights into scalable and actionable business processes.
What You'll Need:
- Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance or a related degree with quantitative emphasis.
- 8+ years of related work experience and demonstrated track record of innovation and impact.
- 3+ years’ experience giving critical developmental feedback both upwards, across, and downwards in the organization and managing a team of 5+ people.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, problem solving ownership and a knack to achieve results in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills & creative problem solver that can deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis; ability to run analyses on large data sets and build complex analytical models
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships, interact at all levels within the organization and across multiple functions and to manage small team of direct reports.
- Advanced skills of SQL, Tableau, Excel and Python to solve business problems.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]