Assistant Controller (Remote Optional) at Basis Technologies
| Chicago, IL
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:30 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 13, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s Finance team employs our product, Basis, to invoice, reconcile, and recognize revenue—all from one platform. Their use case is a prime example of how dynamic, robust, and transformative Basis truly is. This passionate and highly efficient team embodies Raving Fan service with their customers and colleagues by striving for excellence and accuracy in everything they do.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Reporting into the VP & Controller, the Assistant Controller plays a crucial role in ensuring accuracy and efficiency in the day to day processes of the Accounting Operations team. In this position, you will play a key part in the growth and development of the Accounting Ops group by leading with integrity and purpose. The Assistant Controller works cross-departmentally to ensure proper alignment with policies and controls for financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP. This individual will oversee a team of 5 managers and directors who are responsible for the functional areas of Accounting, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections and Credit. You will also contribute by:
- Leading the execution of the recurring financial month-end close process including review of journal entries, reconciliations, reporting, and ensuring completion in an accurate and timely manner
- Providing oversight and review of customer billing, accounts payable, collections, and credit risk and working capital management
- Partnering with Controller and Accounting Manager on the interim reviews and year end audit with the external auditors
- Coordinating the preparation of US GAAP financial statements and footnotes and other external reporting deliverables
- Leading technical accounting research, including all new and proposed accounting standards, and preparing technical accounting memos
- Partnering with FP&A team to analyze actual financial results compared to annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Assisting with the initial implementation and on-going maintenance of the Company’s system of internal controls
- Maintaining and updating accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for process improvement and implementing change to increase efficiency, streamline workflow, and controls
- Providing quality coaching, leadership and direction to a high performing team
- Upholding Centro’s Manifesto by cultivating and promoting a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growth
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- At least 7+ years of progressive roles, with a mix of public experience plus industry
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA license
- Broad-based operational experience covering all aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual close and internal and external audits
- Experience with integrated systems including payroll, vendor management, and billing/accounts receivable
- Expert financial analysis skills and a deep understanding of accounting concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to champion change by driving support for innovation and organizational changes needed to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Experience using NetSuite
- SEC Reporting experience
- International accounting experience
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.