Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. Social commerce is a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) and requires new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl allows creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
What You’ll Do
In the role of AR Accountant, you will report to the Controller and help build the foundation of a larger finance team. Howl is a rapidly growing company and you will be a part of a finance team that will interact with multiple Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies as well as multiple departments throughout the company. This role is 100% remote, however, someone located in EST is preferred.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Own all aspects of billing, and collection process which include the following:
- Overseeing all collection efforts including emailing past due clients, working with key stakeholders within Howl to resolve disputes and escalating unpaid balances.
- Matching daily payments to outstanding invoices
- Meeting with Accounts Payable teams of clients to ensure balances match
- Issuing credit memos when approved
- Issuing invoices for Subscription Contracts and Renewals
- Updating weekly tracking of collection efforts, collection rates and billing
- Assist with new client onboarding, payment setup, W9 and company information requests
- Work with the Product Development team to automate billing and payment processing
- Assist in the month end close process in reconciling cash and estimating the allowance for doubtful accounts
- Assist in weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts based on collection rates and payment terms with clients
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable, preferably customer-facing in a SaaS or a marketplace ecommerce organization
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, able to interact with all levels of employees and external customers
- Highly detail oriented with a solid history of maintaining accurate records
- Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills
- Proficient using various software, including MSOffice, with intermediate/advanced skills in Excel and accounting software (Netsuite, Intacct)
- Nice to have: Experience using Stripe for invoicing
- BS in Accounting or equivalent accounting /bookkeeping experience
Important Notice: Howl is a fully remote organization!
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.