AML Investigator at Discover (Louisville, KY)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for reviewing automated and manual referrals of clients and accounts for unusual activity. Obtains supporting documentation regarding possible fraud, money-laundering, and other suspicious activity. Reviews internal source systems, third-party investigative tools, and other applicable sources to investigate suspicious activity. Documents findings of each investigation. Files Suspicious Activity Reports when findings indicate an issue has been found.
· Documents all investigative activities.
· Prepares written reports of investigation findings.
· Analyzes financial data including: billing trends, financial relationships, and regulatory compliance procedures to detect irregularities.
· Gathers financial documents related to investigations.
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
· H.S. Diploma or GED
· 1+ years’ experience with Financial services, or related experience
If we had our say, we would also look for:
· Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Finance, or Law
· 2+ years’ experience with AML, Fraud, Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Financial Analysis, or related experience
· CAMS Certification, other Compliance, Fraud, Audit or related certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.