Actuarial Consulting Dir Pricing (P&C) at CNA
Senior-level technical expert consults on complex or specialty actuarial issues for assigned client groups and business units in P&C. May have company-wide scope of responsibility in a specialty area and may lead large projects. May participate in identification development and implementation of corporate-wide initiatives in areas and influences the pricing strategy for a product line or business unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Works with senior management in the development and implementation of pricing strategy for a product line or business unit.
May direct large business-specific actuarial projects ensuring adherence to strategic goals and consistent application of corporate policies and procedures.
May act as account manager on key broker/client engagements and may make account and pricing presentations to senior management.
Participates in the development and preparation of financial reports and statements as well as budgets and forecasts.
Reports business progress to senior management and makes recommendations as required.
Facilitates communication and provides technical guidance to underwriting regarding the pricing of new and existing business and works with others (e.g. claims finance) on actuarial issues.
Stays up to date in functional area of expertise on industry trends and developments and assures knowledge transfer within the organization.
May act as expert witness and may represent the company with government agencies
May participate in industry trade groups and may represent company at industry meetings.
AVP or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Senior level knowledge of actuarial principles practices and procedures and industry issues as they relate to the organization and functional area.
2. Excellent project management and team facilitation skills.
3. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Excellent presentation interpersonal verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
6. Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people and quality of service.
7. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems including processing systems and applications.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree; Masters preferred in a relevant discipline or equivalent. 2. Typically a minimum of ten years of related work experience. 3. Typically has attained their Fellowship accreditation (FCAS).