The Actuarial Rotation Program consists of three rotations spanning 18 months per rotation and offers experience in a variety of insurance products and functional areas across the company within our P&C Pricing and Reserving teams. This program will provide you with exam support, including prioritized study time, exam raises and bonuses, and access to in-house study groups.
We are looking to fill these positions immediately. If you are graduating in Spring 2022, we encourage you to apply again after the new year!
Under broad supervision provides actuarial support and research for assigned pricing or reserving area for a product line or segment in P&C. Work is well-defined with review in progress as well as upon completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Analyzes financial statistical and mathematical data and performs actuarial calculations to identify trends driving business outcomes.
Assists in the determination of pricing reserves and/or cash flow projections.
Provides support in respective pricing or reserving reviews. May prepare rate filings.
Assists in preparing the actuarial portions of financial statements and tax returns which may include financial close process support.
Prepares a variety of standard reports as well as special reports for management as needed.
May participate in special projects.
Director or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Knowledge of core functions of an insurance company general insurance actuarial and statistical concepts.
2. Developing technical expertise and product specific knowledge.
3. Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve simple to moderately complex situations and issues. Demonstrates attention to detail..
4. Good interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
5. Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
6. Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete work and/or projects effectively.
7. The ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound business decisions effectively.
8. Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems including processing systems and applications.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
2. Entry level (typically up to two years of experience) which includes progress toward actuarial accreditation of one to three successfully completed CAS exams.