Accounts Receivable Clerk at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Location: Holly MI
Magna's ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna's electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It's our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we'll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
Follows standard principals according to GAAP and SOX guidelines. Administers receivables procedures for timely cash receipts. Responsible for intercompany receivables, including the monthly reconciliation of Payable/Receivable balances, including appropriate journal entries. Works with other departments to organize and ensure that customer needs and organizational goals are met. Shares information and works jointly with other staff to resolve customer issues (i.e. PO deviations, returns, deductions, etc.). Processes/updates files and information, and performs month-end duties. Performs other duties as necessary. Works on special projects/assignments as needed.
- High school diploma. Prefer 5 years of office administration experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrates strong math and comprehension/judgment skills for effective problem solving and accurate record keeping.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in order to communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrates high degree on problem solving ability. Ability to independently analyze data and determine appropriate course of action. Strong organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and changing priorities.
- Thorough understanding and ability to use all computerized systems, databases, files, software, etc., including excel.
Requires strong technical and broad business knowledge. Requires independent problem solving and decision making with general direction given on project objectives and broad guidance from corporate strategy and goals. Exercises considerable latitude in determining specific project objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Applies Company's accounts receivables policies, practices, and procedures to designated group of customer accounts. This designated group includes all intercompany customers.
- Monthly reconciles intercompany Payable/Receivable balances per company policies and makes the appropriate journal entries.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
- Administers standard receivable program/procedures for receipt of payments. Checks reviews and analyzes balances/payments of customers. Takes appropriate action to resolve open issues.
- Works with other departments to organize and ensure that customer needs and organizational goals are met.
- Shares information and works jointly with other staff to resolve customer issues (i.e. PO deviations, returns, deductions, etc.).
Other duties as required.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit