Accounts Receivable & Billing Accountant at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Want to have an impact at one of the fastest-growing unicorn companies in the Bay Area? Join the Accounting team at Fivetran! Fivetran was recently named to the Cloud 100 list as one of the hottest cloud software companies today.
Fivetran is seeking an exceptional Accounts Receivable (AR) and Billing Accountant to join its fast-growing Accounting team. In this role, you will be responsible for generating customer invoices, collecting and applying cash receipts, problem-solving customers queries and assessing doubtful accounts. The ideal candidate is well- organized, pays meticulous attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This is a newly created role and reports to the Head of Revenue Accounting & Operations.As the Accounts Receivable and Billing Accountant, you will:
- Own the full Accounts Receivable and Billing cycle - from generating customer invoices, collecting and applying cash receipts, to monitoring the AR aging, problem-solving customers queries, performing customer account reconciliations and assessing doubtful accounts.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy across all customer invoicing. Develop checks and balances to proactively identify errors in invoicing prior to distributing to customers.
- Perform frequent reconciliations between SDFC, Looker and Netsuite to verify data completeness and accuracy. Raise and proactively address issues timely.
- Establish and maintain metrics to effectively track the health of the AR cycle. Communicate metrics weekly to management, proposing appropriate remediation where necessary.
- Act as a key partner to Customer Success, Sales, Revenue Operations and Deal Desk. Collaborate cross-functionally to resolve customer billing and collections issues timely.
- Design, implement, document and monitor effective processes to streamline and automate AR activities.
- Participate in customer credit and refund processes, as necessary.
- Participate in the month end close. Own the Accounts Receivables, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Bad Debt expense and other related GL reconciliations, variance analyses and reviews.
- Ensure compliance with Fivetran’s AR and Collections Policy.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed.
- 3+ years of high volume B2B collections experience in public software or SaaS company
- Comfortable with ambiguity and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of operational accounting procedures and month-end and quarter-end close processes
- Strong working knowledge of Netsuite and Salesforce CPQ systems required. Experience with Looker and Celigo systems is a plus, but not required.
- Strong proficiency in Excel (Gsheets, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP standards related to revenue and accounts receivable
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet deadlines and common goals
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with all levels of internal and external customers
- Self-starter with stellar customer service skills
- Flexibility to execute, adapt, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment at a high growth company
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.