Accounts Payable Specialist at Bluevine (Salt Lake City, UT)
BlueVine is on a mission to empower small businesses with innovative banking designed for them. Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long.
By combining industry-leading technology and security with our team's expertise and care, we help small businesses spend their time on what matters most—the next chapter of their business.
Since 2013, we've provided small and medium-sized businesses with access to more than $5.4 billion in financing. As a top small business banking provider trusted by thousands of small business owners, we're proud to offer a full suite of tailored banking services, including a business checking account, line of credit, and invoice factoring.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, and with offices in Salt Lake City, Jersey City, Tel Aviv, and Karmiel, we're hiring problem solvers and collaborators to help build a better financial future for small business owners.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join us as an integral part of the Accounting team at BlueVine! We are building an elite team of smart and driven individuals to deliver timely and accurate reporting to management and be responsible for growth monitoring at BlueVine. You will be instrumental in BlueVine’s financial and business aspirations and will help Bluevine realize its potential.
We are looking for a reliable, efficient, and self-motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be processing invoices, reconciling vendor inquiries, processing expense reimbursements and documenting journal entries. You will be responsible for your assigned areas and expected to help management implement new processes, improve on current procedures and create efficiencies wherever possible.
The ideal candidate is analytical minded, technologically inclined, results driven, and will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. This is a great opportunity to take on a core accounting role in a fast growing company, in the FinTech space!
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritizing invoices according to payment terms
- Maintain relationships with vendors by resolving and responding to billing inquiries
- Ensure appropriate coding of invoices/expenses within the accounting system
- Manage, review and process outgoing payments to vendors
- 1099 maintenance
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with ad hoc related duties
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Associate / Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or relevant field
- At least 2 years of accounts payable experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical mind and an eye for detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across the company
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
- A positive attitude and willingness to be a team player
- Experience with the following tools is a plus: NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify, TripActions
Benefits & Perks:
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- PTO, Company Holiday, and Flexible Holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Quarterly DoorDash credit
- Dog-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.