Accounts Payable Specialist at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The AP Specialist will report to the Lead Accounting Operations and will be a key member of the team. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to, processing invoices, helping administer the company credit card and expenses program, recording month-end accruals, responding to inquiries, and processing vendor payments. This is a role where the individual will be expected to work independently at times as well as ensure open communication with the team for accurate and timely month-end accruals, invoices, and payments processing. Additionally, this role will help assist with the implementation of any new systems/integrations with a key focus on automation and scaling.
Location: Schaumburg, IL (This role is temporarily fully remote due to COVID-19. A hybrid remote/in-office schedule will eventually be required).
Reports To: Manager, Accounting Operations
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze Accounts Payables invoices and record month-end accruals
- Administer company credit card program and maintain relationships with vendors
- Administering and reviewing monthly Motus process for travel reimbursement
- Preparing monthly T&E analytics package
- Assist in processing accounts payable invoices
- Process payments to vendors
- Complete account reconciliations
- Gather support for internal and external audit requests
- Ensure compliance with all SOX/regulatory controls
- Assist team in yearly 1099 process
- Other ad hoc analysis and accounting projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting-related work
- Previous work experience in general accounting duties, account reconciliations, AP, and general ledger preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments, be self-motivated, and team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Detail orientation is key.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints and be customer service-focused.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.