Accounts Payable Manager at Lyra Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:54 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 30, 2021
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.5 million people can receive best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
About the Role
Lyra is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our quickly growing team. This role will be responsible for executing critical, fundamental accounting operations as well as strategically growing and improving our business. A strong foundation in accounting and business is necessary for the role as the company will look to you for guidance and support of operations. You will need excellent communication, sound judgement, and a bias toward action.
An ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully operating in dynamic environments. They should be able to identify business needs and be comfortable working across teams to create solutions and improvements. The Accounts Payable Manager will work across the business to thoughtfully organize operations and improve our clarity into the business.
Currently the Lyra offices are closed and employees are working remotely. Upon reopening, this position will be based in Burlingame, CA.
What You'll Do
- Report directly and serve as a trusted partner to Lyra’s Accounting Senior Manager
- Own accounts payable process from receipt of invoice through payment and build team as the transaction volume grows
- Manage monthly status (aging) reports and AP month-end closing
- Serve as subject matter expert for accounts payable, purchasing, purchasing cards, accounting system modules, and policies
- Review invoices: input key financial information such as purchase order, prepaid expense classification, and accounting date. Prepare and generate vendor payments
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning account status including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to the appropriate parties
- Vendor management including setting up vendors and reviewing W-9s
- Responsible for annual 1099 tax form preparation including research/compliance with regulations
- Assist in year-end audit by preparing audit schedules, replying to and/or researching audit questions
- Together with the Senior Accounting Manager, develop and ensure compliance with accounting policies and internal controls
- Ensure employees are in compliance with T&E and corporate credit card policies
- Review and process employee expense reports and ensure compliance with Company’s expense policy
- Act as point of contact for staff regarding AP issues, processes, policy, and procedures. Develop training documents and train staff as needed
- Learn the details and be prepared to roll up your sleeves, when needed in order to meet executive expectations; this will be a working manager position
Who You Are & What You've Done
- 5+ years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience as a manager, supervisor or lead strongly preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with Accounts Payable software and ERP (Coupa & NetSuite is a plus)
- History of successfully implementing/integrating systems, policies, and protocols
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable managing and building a team
- Experience building out processes, procedures, and workflows that enable sustainable scaling of the business
- Healthcare, technology and/or startup related experience is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Read Full Job Description