Accounting Senior Associate - Treasury Accounting at Capital One (Washington DC)
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Accounting Senior Associate - Treasury Accounting
About Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Global Finance supports all of Capital One's worldwide financial activities, including corporate-level financial reporting, internal control, intercompany and tax activities. Within Global Finance, the Treasury Accounting team is seeking a high-energy and forward-thinking professional to join us as a Senior Associate.
So who are you? As a member of the Treasury Accounting team, you're solid on your accounting principles and feel comfortable owning the accounting process end-to-end. You're a self-starter that continually looks for ways to improve what we do and how we do it, including embracing new technologies. You have a great attention to detail and feel comfortable diving into the numbers to provide in-depth analysis to our various business partners. Most importantly, you're a team player that comes ready to uplift others and make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
- Manage monthly close activities related to derivatives activities and present month-end results to management
- Identify and drive opportunities to centralize, eliminate, automate or outsource activities
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis on portfolios to identify variances / trends to communicate to management and business partner team(s)
- Partner with Capital Markets teams to develop and assess overall hedging strategies
- Perform technical research on treasury accounting issues and prepare write-ups; draft and/or review treasury-related information in the 10-K, 10-Q, earnings release and other regulatory filings for accuracy. Ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC regulations and other regulatory guidance
- Partner with project management and business partner teams, to design and implement new business products, program initiatives, system upgrades and process improvements
- Support coordination of internal audit review and SOX compliance
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
Characteristics we're looking for:
- Team player capable of interacting cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization and capable of taking ownership
- Adaptive to change, new ideas and able to prioritize with minimal direction
- Passion for improvement and a desire to keep learning with what new technology can offer to rethink the possible, including data transformation, BI tools and automation scripting (e.g., Python)
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and experience with investment, debt and hedge accounting
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting, financial reporting, audit a combination
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certification
- At least 2 years of experience in banking, financial services, or a combination
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).