Accounting Operations Business Unit Manager at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Accounting Operations Business Unit Manager
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the Company’s critical Accounts Payable, Billing, Payroll and Travel transaction teams. Reports to the Ball Aerospace Controller.
- Create and execute a strategy for the Accounting Operations group that results in the delivery of high quality, effective services to all external and internal customers.
- Drive the development and implementation of robust policies and frameworks to ensure efficient performance of the Accounting Operations team responsibilities.
- Maintain a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and excellence in customer service and performance.
- Establish and maintain productivity and processing metrics that will be used to manage workload, as well as provide internal and external operational results and KPIs.
- Implement feedback systems to drive customer service excellence.
- Nurture talent, build and maintain capability of the team with a clear focus on performing professionally, ethically and delivering excellent customer centric outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with all SOX and internal Accounting policies and procedures required to produce complete and accurate financial results.
- Inspire self and others, make lasting connections and achieve results within a team environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence, persuade and drive action.
- A collaborative management style and a strong customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally with senior levels in the organization.
- Possess sound decision-making skills and the ability to manage multiple complex projects and drive for results.
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Deltek Costpoint
- Microsoft: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.