Accounting Manager at Force Management (Charlotte, NC)
The Accounting Manager serves as vital support to the Finance Department. Areas of specialization include accounts payable & accounts receivable management, expense report processing, payroll processing, and people management. Accounting Manager exhibits a commitment to excellence, looking for ways to improve and promote quality while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness, ensuring that both the team and company achieve their goals. This role supports the Finance Team by managing those who are efficiently processing transactional data using generally accepted principles of accounting along with company policies and procedures.
- Manage the accounts receivable function by reviewing customer invoices and customer payments
- Manage the accounts payable function by reviewing purchase requests and vendor invoices
- Manage the expense reporting process within the expense management software and enforce company expense policy
- Manage accounting staff with regular check-ins, providing guidance and participating in performance reviews
- Prepare weekly reports and analyses as required by Finance Directors
- Process semi-monthly payroll through payroll system
- Support monthly accounting period close process by reviewing journal entries, and completing balance sheet account reconciliations with proper supporting documentation
- Assist with gathering supporting documents for annual internal audit and tax returns
The Accounting Manager must bring strong analytic and communication skills and be able to engage confidently and effectively with colleagues, vendors, and customers. The individual must be a self-starter, organized, detail oriented and able to complete tasks and projects in compliance with executive management policies and directives without the need for constant supervision. Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across departments
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and follow-up on time sensitive matters.
- Takes direction well, a self-managing team member
- Superior ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues on day-to-day activities and special projects
- Professional with the ability to handle sensitive matters confidentially, discretely, and maturely
The ideal candidate will have an excellent academic history, a four-year college degree, 5-7 years of experience in corporate accounting at a services company, 1-2 years of experience in managing others. Though not required, a CPA designation is a plus.
- Experience with Sage Intacct ERP software
- Mastery-level skills in MS Office tools, especially Outlook and Excel