Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want passionate people who are high-performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the Controller’s Organization. Responsibilities include closing the books monthly, supporting quarterly reviews and the annual audit, working cross functionally with FP&A, Legal, Tax and various business owners on ongoing/new initiatives such as tracking material service engagements and commitments to ensure proper accounting treatment, reviewing and documenting vendor contracts, ensuring accounting positions are in accordance with US GAAP, various ad-hoc projects and assisting the SEC External Reporting team as necessary. This position reports to the Manager, General Accounting.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Timely completion and review of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial closing tasks including journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, account analysis and analytics.
- Assist with documentation requests for completion of quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Assist in researching technical accounting matters, drafting accounting memos and staying current on new GAAP pronouncements.
- Reviewing vendor contracts for appropriate accounting treatment and building relationships with cross functional teams on complex arrangements to evaluate business and accounting implications.
- Accounting due diligence and special projects as required (developing scalable process improvements for month-end close procedures such as accruals and assisting with operational and technical implementation of an Enterprise Procurement process).
- Accounting for and integration of acquisitions.
- Support 10K and 10Q’s as needed.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including maintaining requisite controls and procedures.
- Help drive improvements to internal processes and work collaboratively with other functions to achieve a faster close.
- Document procedures and workflow in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation strongly preferred.
- Approximately 6+ years of experience in Audit/Accounting.
- Combination of public accounting and private company experience in accounting a plus.
- Strong US GAAP skills including an understanding of accounting for FX gains/losses.
- Experience with legal entity accounting in global locations a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough and attentive to detail while still meeting deadlines required.
- Strong desire to learn; proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast paced environment; takes initiative and can work independently.
- Excellent organizational ability required to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tech savvy and proficient with MS Office/Google Workspace; strong Excel skills are required.
- Experience with major ERP systems such as NetSuite a plus.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!