Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. That’s why Headway is building the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering >50,000 appointments. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact.
Headway is growing fast, and we’re hiring our first Accounting Manager! We’re looking for someone to help lead the accounting team and establish financial operations that will scale with the growth of the company. You’ll report to our Controller who is looking for a trusted partner to help in delivering accurate and timely financial visibility to Headway and our Board of Directors.
- Bring accounting operations in-house from external bookkeepers, building processes and implementing internal controls from scratch
- Document accounting policies and processes for audit purposes
- Lead month-end close, including preparing or reviewing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly US GAAP financial statements and consolidated financial statements
- Research US GAAP accounting issues and determine the appropriate treatment
- Lead the implementation of financial systems to streamline operations
- Manage, coach and support other team members, including reviewing work and providing feedback
- Partner across the organization to improve financial controls and reporting accuracy with the target of being audit-ready in fiscal 2022
You will love this role if:
- You are a CPA with 5+ years of accounting and/or audit experience (bonus if you’ve worked at a Big 4 firm)
- You are excited to build best-in-class processes and explore the possibility of using technology to improve scalability
- You thrive in a high growth work environment with changing priorities
- You’ve ideally worked with Physician Corp structures or have experience within healthcare
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.