Accounting Manager at Vivint (Provo, UT)
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.7 million customers.
Vivint was named to the Forbes list of "America's Best Employers for Diversity" in 2020 and 2019, and to the Forbes list of "America's Best Employers" in 2018. The company has a strong commitment to philanthropy and received a 2020 Gold Halo Award from Engage for Good for group volunteerism. Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah and has received multiple awards for innovation, including being named among Fast Company's "World's 50 Most Innovative Companies."
• Support the monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close processes and preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
• Review the work and manage staff and senior accountants to ensure accurate and timely reporting
• Help develop and maintain a strong accounting team through training, coaching, managing workloads and fostering a positive work environment
• Develop, perform and document assigned controls as required by Sarbanes-Oxley
• Research, explain and document variances
• Assist in developing and implementing accounting policies/procedures
• Partner with the business and IT to drive process and system improvements
• Performing research of complex or unusual accounting transactions, and document the resulting accounting conclusions
• Provide support and explanations as needed to other departments, internal audits and external auditors
• Bachelor's degree in accounting minimum, Master of Accounting preferred
• Minimum of 6-8 years of related experience (some public accounting experience preferred)
• Public company experience, including exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 preferred
• CPA preferred
• Advanced skills in MS Excel
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Adapt to changing responsibilities and workload
• Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
• Think creatively
• Highly driven and self-motivated
• Ability to work well independently and in groups
• Attention to detail
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral
• Willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines
• Experience with SAP, Blackline and SQL is preferred
• Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
• Employee pricing on smart home products
• Casual dress code
• Onsite gym, gaming tables across our campus
• Onsite health clinic
• Onsite lunch provided
• Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First
Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential
Today's innovation is tomorrow's lifeblood
We Win Together
Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected
Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back
Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here:
• Check out the Vivint Newsroom for the latest news, awards, and media coverage.
• Did you know you can find all Vivint's open jobs on our Career Page ?
• Learn more about the work we are doing at Vivint by reading our Innovation Blog.
• Learn about the Vivint Culture and why it's a great place to grow your career.
• Take a look at the Vivint YouTube Channel for our latest videos and content.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
SAFETY: Vivint enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each new employee is responsible for completing all training requirements. Additionally, the employee must accept they have responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves, their co-workers, and the public. Employee must adhere to all written and verbal instructions, promptly report and correct all hazards or unsafe conditions, question non-standard operations or unmitigated hazards, and provide feedback to management on all safety issues.
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".