Accounting Manager at Lyra Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:22 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 16, 2021
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.2 million people can receive best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
About the Role
Lyra is looking for a seasoned accounting manager to join our quickly growing team. This role will be responsible for executing critical, fundamental accounting operations as well as strategically growing and improving our business. A strong foundation in accounting and business is necessary for the role as the company will look to you for guidance and support of operations. You will need excellent communication, sound judgement, and a bias toward action.
An ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully operating in dynamic environments. They should be able to identify business needs and be comfortable working across teams to create solutions and improvements. As a senior team member, the Accounting Manager will work across the business to thoughtfully organize operations and improve our clarity into the business.
Currently the Lyra offices are closed and employees are working remotely. Upon reopening, this position will be based in Burlingame, CA.
- Report directly and serve as a trusted partner to Lyra’s Accounting Senior Manager and Controller
- Lead accounting and operations staff through month-end, reporting, reconciliations, and other accounting exercises
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting and presentation of results to executive leadership
- Perform accounting research to determine appropriate treatment under relevant accounting guidance, and ensure proper accounting and reporting for ad-hoc transactions
- Prepare technical accounting memos on complex transactions. Draft, update and maintain the Company’s accounting policies
- Collaborate with the Sales, Legal and Product Management Teams in an advisory capacity when launching new products
- Identify opportunities to improve financial and accounting processes including data assets, tooling, software, and workflows. Scope and manage projects that support the growth and scaling of our business
- Help to develop and mature company-wide procedures, policies, internal controls, and documentation to ensure consistency and clarity in business operations
- Prepare for, support, and manage annual financial audits
- Contribute to ad hoc financial and accounting projects as necessary
- Learn the details and be prepared to roll up your sleeves, when needed in order to meet executive expectations
- Experience working with GAAP and ASC606 accounting standards especially at a publicly traded company or Big 4
- 6+ years of experience in accounting, audit, advisory, and/or corporate finance
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Comfort working end-to-end on the P&L
- Experience with accounting/financial planning software and ERP (NetSuite is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present to senior leadership and external partners
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper processes, and derive accounting conclusions and present results to the team
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable managing and building a team
- Experience building out processes, procedures, and workflows that enable sustainable scaling of the business
- CPA preferred but not required
- Healthcare and/or startup related experience is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Read Full Job Description