ActionIQ is building the next-generation data infrastructure for the CMO. As Marketing becomes more data-driven, and CMOs more sophisticated, a new market for data-first Marketing Applications is inevitable and requires a complete rethink of the traditional Marketing tech stack. ActionIQ is a pioneer in this emerging space pursuing a multi-billion dollar opportunity.
Description of Role:
ActionIQ is looking for an expert, hands-on SaaS Accounting Manager to join our quickly scaling organization as our second in-house accounting hire. In partnering with the Director of Accounting and the broader finance team, this role would be involved in all aspects of accounting and financial operations and assist with defining and driving processes relevant to each. The ideal candidate is excited to roll up their sleeves and build an accounting function in a fast-paced, category-defining startup and ‘get it right’ from the beginning.
What You’ll be doing:
- Ownership of full-cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities, to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including performing close activities such as journal entries and account reconciliations within the established close timeline
- Perform analytical review procedures on significant changes period over period, YoY, MtM, etc
- Work closely with partners in the department heads, and strive to improve processes through automation
- Manage auditors and consultant requests in partnership with Director of Accounting
- Research technical accounting matters, draft accounting memos in partnership with the Director of Accounting and stay current on new GAAP pronouncements
- Own the implementation of new tools or softwares in partnership with the Director of Accounting
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, as well as internal controls
- Help drive improvements to internal processes and work collaboratively with other functions to achieve a faster close
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- Approximately 5+ years of experience in accounting/audit
- Combination of public accounting and private company experience in accounting a plus, including 2 years of experience in a SaaS organization
- Strong US GAAP skills including an understanding of ASC 606
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, meeting all deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn; proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast paced environment; takes initiative and can work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Tech savvy and proficient with MS Office/Google Workspace; strong Excel skills are required
- Experience with various accounting systems. Quickbooks and NetSuite preferred
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital).
- Top notch health insurance benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents.
- We have officially opened a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park! All NYC-based employees currently have the option to return to the office 3 days per week on an “opt-in” basis. We plan to officially reopen our office in the beginning of 2022.
- Check out this blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize office set up.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth