What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 10M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
As an integral part of the Finance Department, the Accounting Manager will be primarily responsible for ensuring the month-end process gets completed accurately and on time. This position will have 2 employees reporting to them; a staff accountant and a senior accountant. Being part of a hyper-growth company will also require this position to develop and enforce appropriate internal controls. As a partner to the Controller, you will be an integral part of the financial audits, working directly with our outside auditors.
Scope of Responsibilities
● Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue and expenses
● Ensure invoicing and collections stay on track
● Streamline and develop processes for accounts receivables
● Ensure month-end journal entries are posted accurately and within the time frame of our month-end close
● Develop and enforce appropriate internal controls
● Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
● Work with our Financial Analysts to identify opportunities for revenue performance improvement across the organization as well as optimization of expenses
● Provide support as needed to the accounting department, specifically with month-end completion and reporting
● Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis including monthly and quarterly financial reports
● Big 4 audit experience required
● Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
● 6-8 years of experience working in a fast-paced high demand accounting department
● Strong working knowledge of Excel
● Familiar with US GAAP
● Experience with NetSuite preferred but not required
● Attention to detail
● Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
● Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
● Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
● Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member, detail oriented, good communications skills
● Strong leadership skills required
● Position can be remote