Accounting Manager at Warner Bros. Discovery (Atlanta, GA)
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Networks Content Accounting Manager will oversee a production and programming team of senior and staff accountants across various legacy WarnerMedia networks including TNT, TBS, truTV, Kids and News. The team's responsibilities include monthend close, reconciliations, audit requests, quarterly reporting for financial statements and contract audits. Manager will lead special projects and proactively develop accurate ad hoc analyses for management to make informed decisions.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Monthly accounting functions - journal entry review, account reconciliations, controls performance, analysis and executive presentation.
- Team leadership and management - This will include coaching and development of existing team members, onboarding and training of new team members, cross team coordination, and excellent communication with accounting leadership.
- Audit - Collaborate with auditors, both internal as well as external, to ensure team's accurate and timely submission of requested documentation. Address any questions resulting from the audit.
- Other tasks - Address tasks required to achieve team and company goals such as, but not limited to, IT system maintenance/testing, ad hoc requests, and process improvement initiatives.
- S4HANA - Assist the S4 HANA project team with ad hoc requests with PeopleSoft transition.
Qualifications & Experience...
- BS/BA degree in accounting from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and a strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information
- Experience with SAP or Blackline a plus
- CPA license preferred
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].