Accounting Manager at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.About the Role:We are looking to add an analytical and system savvy Accounting Manager who will work closely with other accounting, finance, and supply chain team members. Reporting to the Accounting Director, this manager will play an integral role to manage all aspects of inventory and cost accounting. This person is also a key player in managing the month-end close, account reconciliations, audit, and any ad hoc projects as needed.What You'll Do:
- Lead the team primarily responsible for inventory accounting (team of 4)
- Oversee the preparation of and review of monthly roll forwards, journal entries, reconciliations and reporting for inventory, obsolescence, and cost of goods sold (“COGS”)
- Oversee the preparation and review of other key accounting areas, including Property, Plant and Equipment.
- Lead the monthly review and discussion of balance sheet inventory and COGS fluctuations with the Finance team leadership
- Oversee and report to Finance and other leadership on inventory related analytics, including gross margin and purchase price variances (“PPV”)
- Partner with the FP&A team to support forecasting for inventory and COGS, as well as other analyses
- Ensure compliance with GAAP accounting, performing research and updating accounting policies and practices as needed
- Support the annual financial statement audit (and other audits)
- Be the key partner of the KeepTruckin Supply Chain team to establish processes around inventory management, refurbished devices, and PPV
- Help establish and maintain process documentation and internal controls over financial reporting for areas of responsibility
- Support operational changes within the Accounting team, including systems initiatives, projects and other ad hoc research
- Inventory accounting experience required
- MS Office and Google Docs proficiency preferred; in particular strong MS Excel skills is a plus
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, and third party warehousing systems is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to organize and interpret large data sets
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy of financial information
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.