Accounting Manager, Lending at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our Platform Operations Accounting team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Accounting Manager, Lending must possess strong accounting and operational expertise, an ability to communicate and work with various teams outside of Finance (such as Financing, Data, Trading Ops and other Engineering groups), and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
Reporting to the Director, Platform Operations Controller, the Accounting Manager, Lending will work with various cross functional teams within the Company and requires someone with experience accounting for various lending products including bilateral lending, post-trade credit, and retail/consumer loans. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and able to build scalable accounting processes and controls from the ground up, in addition to leading a team through the monthly financial close and quarterly/annual reporting process. This position requires impeccable attention to detail, a financial and analytic mindset and previous experience working in the fintech industry.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Assist with the management of the Platform Operations accounting team through all aspects of the month-end close related to lending/financing products.
- Review monthly lending/financing accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Lead the development of scalable and automated financial processes and controls, including drafting of standard operating procedures and training materials related to lending.
- Onboard and manage a team of professionals tasked with the day to day accounting operations for lending.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers on the development and implementation of an internally developed Loan Management System.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial results presentations for executive management.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures over platform and brokerage accounting activities and assist in the design and implementation of new controls and processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze data against business drivers to identify trends / issues.
- Provide support for internal and external audits related to specific areas of responsibility.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Minimum of 8 years progressive accounting experience with a mix of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience in in the fintech/financial services industries.
- Experience accounting for financing/lending products.
- Experience working in a management capacity and building a team.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field / CPA license required.
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and COSO.
- Possess excellent analytical skills, business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Able to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Experience working in Netsuite, FloQast and G-Suite.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of blockchain technology and the crypto economy.
- Experience working at a publicly traded company.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or other programming languages.
- Experience working in Netsuite, FloQast and G-Suite.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.