Accounting Manager, Card Accounting at Capital One (Washington DC)
Accounting Manager, Card Accounting
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to lead projects and develop new ideas? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
As a Manager of Accounting on the Card Accounting Project Delivery team you will be a Business Owner leading a team through initiatives that support our Card line of business and transform our Finance organization. You will have the opportunity to be involved in progressive project work with exposure to senior management and various departments across the Company.
- Lead moderate to large complex initiatives by providing strategic direction to partners, peers, and direct reports.
- Lead a highly dynamic and cross-functional team
- Understand customer expectations; current gaps & technical constraints; drive requirements and ultimately partner with the line of business and finance teams.
- Leverage problem solving and influencing skills to ensure the initiative delivers on intent
- Partner cross-functionally with customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive delivery
- Build relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting, or in accounting integration, or in finance, or in audit, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in project or product management
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- At least 3 years of banking or finance industry experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or Lean or Agile Certifications (Product Owner, or Agile Project Mgmt, or SAFe Scaled Agilist)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).