Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position is responsible for the oversight and management of the general ledger and accounting operations on a day-to-day basis. The ideal candidate will be disciplined and process-oriented with a high level of enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity. The role demands a highly organized and detailed individual that is capable of contributing to day-to-day transactional processes while managing a team and long-term projects.
- Leading and overseeing the monthly, quarterly, and annual close and reporting process
- Monitor daily GL transaction activity and review monthly reconciliations and journal entries prepared by team members
- Ensuring accurate classification of all expense types by functional categories
- Work with International Controller and various functional leads to achieve accurate monthly reporting for North American and international subsidiaries
- Partner with FP&A to analyze budget to actual variances
- Partner with HR and Talent on all employment matters
- Provide review and oversight of US and Canada payroll prepared by the Payroll Manager
- Manage the Company’s purchasing administration function
- Manage the Company’s equity accounting and reporting
- Coordinate and support annual financial audit
- Assist in the documentation of internal controls in preparation for SOX compliance
- Support Corporate Controller and CFO projects and analyses as required
- Support M&A activity through leading integration efforts
- Lead accounting process and system improvement that supports company growth
- Manage the Company’s global consolidation process
- Manage a of team of 5+, comprised of Staff/Senior Accountants and a Payroll Manager
- Establish goals and objectives on a quarterly basis; coach and provide feedback on progress to enhance team’s professional development
- Proven experience as Accounting Manager, Director, Assistant Controller or other similar position
- 10+ years’ experience; software/tech industry preferred but not required
- Strong mix of operational and technical accounting experience
- Strong understanding of tax and corporate compliance
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrated hands-on problem solving expertise
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Relevant accounting software experience: SageIntacct, ADP, Concur, Coupa, Shareworks
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.