Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 120+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.🤑 About the Finance Team
The Finance team covers everything and anything money at Whatnot. We are broken down into Strategic Finance and Accounting. As a founding member of our accounting team, you will help define our daily practices and policies.💻 Role
- Month-End Close: Assist the monthly financial close by recording journal entries, maintaining accurate supporting documentation, and preparing account reconciliations
- Reporting: Analyze period-over-period fluctuations and provide informative commentary of key business drivers; respond timely to inquiries through research and analysis
- Accounts Receivable: Send invoices, analyze the AR balances, and follow up for collections
- Accounts Payable: Process incoming bills, initiate payments, and communicate with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Daily Operational Accounting: Categorize bank and credit card transactions, manage bank account balances, review expense reports, etc.
- Audits: Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- One-off Projects: Tackle one-off and ad-hock projects as necessary
- BA/BS in Accounting; CPA is desired
- 1-2+ years professional accounting experience, preferably with a public accounting firm or in tech
- Detailed understanding of month-end close processes and thorough US GAAP expertise
- Experience in e-commerce/tech industries preferred
- Advanced Excel and data manipulation skills
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment while running tight deadlines
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Up to $500 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- Paid Parental Leave
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Whatnot provides a $20,000 annual allowance towards Nannies, Daycare, and Caregiving support
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.