LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
In this role you will:
- Prepare and reconcile monthly closing workpapers (ie. bank recs, fixed assets, prepayments, accruals).
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries.
- Perform monthly analysis on high risk vendors and accounts payable subledger.
- Become an integral part of the team tasked with process improvement, automation, and ultimately reduction in the time required for the close process.
- Prepare financial statements for domestic and foreign subsidiary entities.
- Ability to take on special projects and other day to day bookkeeping.
- Participate in the implementation and optimization of various new systems and processes.
- Interact with external auditors in completing the quarterly reviews and annual audits of the SEC financials and other filings.
- Maintain documentation supporting SOX compliance.
- Coordinate with the accounting and finance teams to identify improvements and efficiencies across the entire financial reporting process.
- Assistance with multiple other corporate accounting, financial reporting and technical accounting functions as and when required.
Your qualifications are:
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Active CPA license preferred, but not expressly required.
- Big 4 or other large public accounting firm experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills (data collection and modelling, what-if scenarios).
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a high growth environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and polished interpersonal skills with willingness to engage with other departments (specifically payroll, FP&A, revenue).
- Strong Excel skills (formula design, pivot tables, charts).
- Familiarity with SAP General Ledger system, Concur, or Hyperion/HFM a plus.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.