Accountant at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics Auburn Hills
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: AUBURN HILLS
Magna's ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna's electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It's our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we'll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
The Intermediate Accountant role is responsible for maintaining accurate financial records within the fixed asset subledger. Also responsible for working with multiple Intercompany divisions for precise balances. This position is hybrid.
- Fixed asset accounting: creating Internal Order, tracking costs, capitalize asset and run depreciation.
- Reconcile fixed asset accounts with subledger.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to be posted in local ERP system as required.
- Prepare the audit support schedules and complete the Controllers Audit file as required. (yearly)
- Post Intercompany A/P invoices.
- Reconcile Intercompany balances (A/P & A/R) with multiple divisions.
- Post all incoming payments.
- A/R Aging reconciliation.
- Prepare weekly cash forecast for A/R.
- Supports the accounting team as needed to complete tasks and implement processes and procedures.
- Assist with the completion of other monthly closing activities as required.
- Assist with the completion of the various quarterly and business plan reporting schedules.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna's Charter and Constitution.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional / technical knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Promote and seek excellence in all aspects of business.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust, and respect.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Follows safe work procedures; Uses appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Uses workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
- Complies with the requirements of Quality Operating System (QOS)
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years in an accounting / finance role; Experience in automotive a plus.
- Microsoft Office Programs - intermediate level
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and an aptitude to quickly learn other software and applications; experience with Hyperion a plus.
- Experience in SAP
- Financial modelling
- Able to be a team Player
- Able to work effectively with frequent changes and competing demands
- Able to set priorities to complete in timely manner
- Able to demonstrate strong organizational skills and pay attention to detail
- Able to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal directions
- Able to demonstrate strong work ethic
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit