Accountant at TripActions
TripActions is looking for an Accountant to join its General Ledger Team. This role will focus on core financial reporting duties (month end close, account reconciliation & analysis, support annual audits) and will also have an emphasis on the financial operations of TripActions’ managed billing solution for customers.
If hired, you will work closely with the other teams within the Finance department as well as with our Product, Travel Operations and Data teams. The ideal candidate should be able to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment, perform their duties timely and accurately, communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and work with teams in multiple time zones.
This is a full-time job based out of our Palo Alto or Dallas offices.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close activities
- Prepare journal entries, account analysis, and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage assigned accounts related to customer managed billing and provide feedback and/or needs to our Product team for implementation
- Reconcile, investigate and resolve variances in general ledger accounts
- Assist in establishing/maintaining accounting control procedures and accounting policies
- Coordinate projects and initiatives with members across the organization to ensure accounting processes are in place/followed
- Create/maintain procedural documentation for all accounts assigned
- Contribute towards the annual financial audit and other ad hoc projects\
- BS degree required, preferably in Business/Finance/Accounting related field
- 2-3 years hands on and increasing levels of Accounting/Finance experience in a fast-paced environment, Big 4 accounting a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities, and tight deadlines
- Strong Excel skills and hands-on exposure to accounting systems
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting