Accountant at CIM Group (Phoenix, AZ)
| Phoenix – Mesa – Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:28 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 5, 2022
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing the day-to-day accounting records for CIM Group and its subsidiaries. This position will focus on maintaining general ledger, prepares monthly consolidated financial statements, advises accounts payable, maintains fixed assets, and provides ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Prepare and post journal entries during month-end closing for multiple entities
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and analysis
- Compile and organize supporting documents related to the monthly close
- Reconcile and eliminate intercompany accounts during the monthly consolidation
- Prepare various internal and external wires associated with new property acquisitions, escrow deposits, loan deposits, etc.
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual work papers for external auditor
- Support Financial Reporting team on as needed basis
- Document accounting policies, procedures and processes as needed
- Provide financial analysis upon request
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Assist in providing and preparing tax schedules for outside tax preparers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting and/or commercial finance and banking, asset management or loan accounting environment preferred.
- Familiarity with US GAAP.
- General accounting knowledge, tax knowledge is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience in Yardi, MRI, J. D. Edwards or comparable software.
- Familiarity with Nexus Payables or comparable software preferred.
- Experience with MRI GL system a plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, divide, determine percentages as well as strong accounting skills required to perform the required tasks of the position.
- Experience with subsidiary companies and consolidated accounting a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to organize, perform and prioritize various functions to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Deadline driven and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and to proactively evaluate and address work opportunities within the area of responsibility.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Accuracy in work product
- Timeliness in completion of work product
- Presentation ability (verbal and deliverables)
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.
More Information on CIM Group
CIM Group operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Los Angeles, CA, Oakland , CA, Phoenix, AZ, Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, Bethesda, MD and New York, NY. CIM Group was founded in 1994. It has 878 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 39 open jobs at CIM Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description