Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Accountant II – Financial Accounting
What You’ll Do:
- Prepares invoices as needed.
- Review and troubleshoot customer billings.
- Monitor invoice payment status for government contracts.
- Communicate with external customers and follow-up on aging invoices where appropriate and help resolve issues related to special billings, customer short pays or overpays.
- Support aging accounts receivable reporting; Prepare and maintain statistics required for monthly reporting including preparation of documents and emails. Assist with reviewing month-end reports to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with upload of invoices to customer websites and portals, as needed
- Resolve payment issues: Example WAWF issues, customer portal, and other.
- Support FP&A with invoice payment milestones forecast or statuses
- Provide input to management where payment risk has been identified
- Support banking statement reviews and reconciliation support for cash receipts.
- Support Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), and Internal audit requests and inquiries in support of billing audits.
- Reconcile cash reporting data used for month end reporting to the general ledger.
- Work special projects as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with proactive analysis.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PivotTables, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- The ability to handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior Government Accounting experience.
- Sales Order invoice reconciliations
- Familiar with Deltek Software (CostPoint)
- Familiar with Government invoice processing center, aka WAWF- DFAS
- Understanding of DSO (Days Sales Outstanding)
- Strong Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
- Feel comfortable working in complex accounting systems
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Prior accounting experience
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.