Accountant I - Accounting Analyst at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Accountant I - Accounting Analyst
What You’ll Do:
- Work in close coordination with the Finance Digital Transformation (FDT) Project leads to ensure successful implementation of the project.
- Support the FDT project data analysis and conversion effort as needed.
- Assist with the reporting disposition and conversion needs of the FDT project.
- Complete testing associated with the FDT project.
- Complete data retrieval and analysis as needed for the department.
- Assist with identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Support government and external financial audits of BATC financial records and systems.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Accounting/Business preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, lead and customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of system and subsystem interfaces.
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Report writing and report preparation skills and experience.
- Experience with the following preferred:
- Deltek Costpoint
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Business Objects
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $67,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.