Accountant (Contractor) at Benson Hill (St. Louis, MO)
About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Finance Department oversees the accounting and financial planning and reporting functions of the organization. The team oversees accounting functions such as ledger accounts, financial statements and cost control systems with a focus on regulatory compliance and practices.
Reflecting our corporate values, the accounting and finance team is full of professionals that are bold, inspired and real! Every day is a new challenge, and if you join this team, you will be continually looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient way possible. We are actively seeking an accountant to join our rapidly growing team where you will be challenged to partner with business leaders in the design, implementation and management of accounting best practices as well as finding efficiencies through centralization and automation.
(Core Functions & Responsibilities)
- Month end closing activities around AR and inventory
- Assist with accounts receivables and inventory transactions
- Data master management for customers
- Cash applications
- Document and adhere to internal controls
- Track expenses and research variances
- Inventory item transactions.
- Assist management with special projects as needed
- Perform other related duties as required or requested
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- Associate degree in Business/Accounting or commensurate experience preferable
- Relevant office experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) and reporting systems (Hyperion) is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment