Enterprise Architect at ServiceNow (Boston, MA or Remote)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
About Digital Technology
We're not yesterday's IT department, we're Digital Technology. The world around us keeps changing and so do we. We're redefining what it means to be IT with a mindset centered on transformation, experience, AI-driven automation, innovation, and growth. We're all about delivering delightful, secure customer and employee experiences that accelerate ServiceNow's journey to become the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century. And we love co-creating, using, and highlighting our own products to do it.
Ultimately, we strive to make the world work better for our employees and customers-when you work in ServiceNow Digital Technology, you work for them.
What you get to do in this role:
- As the expert-level ServiceNow architect for the Digital Technology team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Architect applications to deploy in some of the most complex ServiceNow instances.
- Design solutions to adopt Now platform features and products before they come to the market.
- Work with industry-leading architects and technologies
- Be a part of the team that's guiding the digital transformation of the fastest-growing SaaS provider.
Strategic Thought Leadership
- Partner in developing a transformative approach to design architecture and build customer and employee experiences of the future
- Responsible for alignment of Digital Technology strategy with the strategic priorities of the company
- Engage and provide architecture through leadership across the Chief Digital Officer and CDO teams
- Identify gaps in technology architecture and translate them into opportunities, with a roadmap to attain strategic outcomes
- Evaluate and create vendor strategy that supports architectural tenets
- Partner with senior business stakeholders to understand business outcomes and lead capability for making mature technology investments
- Lead and drive roadmaps toward a future/target state reference architecture
- Oversee and lead a team of high-performing architects, and influence a community of Architects across the company
- Lead solving complex design challenges and resolve technological disagreements with informed architecture patterns
- Responsible for the design of Enterprise architecture policies and guidelines to manage and guide DT and stakeholders
- Guide and partner with Early Technologies teams to foster innovative thinking and drive POCs to experiment with disruptive technologies
- Guide architectural decisions cross-functionally on strategic initiatives while building strong relationships across multiple stakeholder groups, serving as an ambassador for DT teams in the company
- Create adaptable and scalable governance to ensure teams conform to guiding principles
- Build a community of architects across technology teams in the company
- Balance governance with agility to drive faster time to market
- Identify Enterprise level optimization efforts and counsel on such efforts for the organization
- Connect the dots to understand, proactively surface, and unblock architecture dependencies
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 15+ years of Industry experience with 5+ years leading an architecture team and 7+ years in varying Architect roles
- 10+ years of experience on the ServiceNow platform and 5+ years in an architect role
- 5+ years of experience in leading a development team.
- BS in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- ServiceNow Certified Master Architect and/or Certified Technical Architect
- Experience in leading Architecture strategy to align company priorities with technology outcomes and define target state architectures with roadmaps
- Strong and deep technical expertise across applications, data, infrastructure, and integrations as well as strong domain knowledge on what is "best in class" digital experience for Enterprise products
- A strong understanding of the ServiceNow Platform is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence to single-handedly drive presentations with VPs and above
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, and persuasion skills, and experience interacting with both business and technology teams, at all levels
- Lead a global team of high performing Enterprise Architects and influence the community of Architects in the company
- Understand the significant industry shifts taking place in the current landscape, and be able to design forward-thinking, innovative, and impactful solutions.
- An inquisitive mind, endless curiosity, and passion for learning about technologies, industries, and new approaches to doing things
- Experience working in Agile "ways of working" in a high-growth environment.
- Highly self-motivated, results-driven, team-oriented, and able to work cross-functionally
- TOGAF or related Certification preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.