In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is looking for a backend architect to join our growing new micro service and middleware organization. In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop a distributed web service platform with high performance, availability and security, build and expand on the Zoom meeting web features, and assist in building the long-term new product technology stack.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining flexible development pipelines and scalable environments. A strong understanding of web applications, DevOps, micro service, and other marketing technologies is a must.
- Partner with engineering and web teams to strategize, design and develop infrastructure in the current environment.
- Plan for the long-term evolution of the next generation micro service platform supports zoom.us growing.
- Partner with the central Infrastructure Engineering team to maintain and adjust to company-wide standards.
- Work with software engineers to ensure that development and operation follows established processes and works as intended.
- Participate in project planning so that development timelines and dependencies are represented.
- Focus on security, automation, scalability, and high availability
- 6+ years professional experience, a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience as a web engineer supporting enterprise-grade SaaS solutions.
- Proficiency with at least one modern programming language (Java, Golang, etc)
- Experience supporting enterprise-grade applications throughout their lifecycle (requirements through monitoring and improvements).
- Deep knowledge of DevOps philosophy and practices, particularly continuous development, observability, security, and performance, proficiency with Kubernetes, and cloud-native ecosystem
- Strong understanding of web application security principles and best practices
- Ability to assess tradeoffs and make decisions collaboratively in a cross-functional team, experience working with geographically diverse teams
- A self-starter and fast learner with a strong sense of ownership that uses successes and failures as learning opportunities
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .