Web Application Developer at EBG (Orlando, FL)
EBG is an e-commerce solutions provider specializing in travel and entertainment, and also offering retail products and services, voluntary benefits and insurance.
EBG powers a robust portfolio of technology solutions and operates a network of employer and membership-based platforms reaching a captive audience, providing leading brands with incremental distribution opportunities. EBG's expanded network reaches over 100 million users from participating companies and closed loop affinity and membership groups.
EBG owns and operates one of the largest and most comprehensive employee savings programs in the country — serving over 40,000 corporate clients through its proprietary platforms TicketsatWork, Plum Benefits, Working Advantage and Beneplace.
EBG is a b2b2c company headquartered in Miami (Aventura), with offices in New York, Orlando, Austin and Las Vegas. It is required to be commutable to an office location.Job Description
EBG is looking for a dynamic person to join our performance driven team. We are growing very quickly so we need a “hands on” person that can find solutions and code one day, QA their work the next day, and help develop and support a scalable structure along the way.
The Web Application Developer position is a member of a team of software developers that develop, integrate, and maintain websites and internal applications within the organization. Development within the organization is done in a Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP environment and all candidates must be familiar with developing in this environment. The ability to create reusable code and understand the latest web technologies is important. This role will also be very involved in API integration and creation. The candidate should exhibit a desire to grow with the company, take pride in their work, and fit well within a multi-level team environment.
- Support of existing websites
- Analysis of requirements to produce designs for new development
- Working with the developers in a collaborative environment or working independently on projects
- Setting estimates and expectations for new product development and implementing new features, tracking on target deadlines
- Development, implementation, and testing of web applications
- Writing clean, well-documented, maintainable, bug-free code and enforcing standards and best practices
- Other support tasks as required
- 5+ years of real world experience
- Demonstrated experience with web design and web application programming
- Self motivated and organized
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work both individually and with a team
- Solid knowledge of object oriented programming (OOP)
- Ability to write clean, reusable, secure (PCI compliant), well-documented code
- Advanced knowledge of Web Standards, Accessibility Standards & browser compatibility
- An understanding of the importance of User Experience & User Interface
- Experience in the demands of deadline-driven work
- Experience with MVC (Model View Controller) frameworks
- Experience with applicable technologies:
- PHP 7
- Source Control (SVN/GIT)
- Web Services, XML, JSON
- API integration
- Business process understanding
EBG offers outstanding employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Match
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Basic Life and AD&D (Company Paid)
- Additional Voluntary Benefits (additional life, legal, critical care, and more)
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- 3 Weeks of PTO + 5 Personal Days
- Paid Holiday Break from Christmas to New Year
- Paid Holidays
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Annual Day of Giving
- Company Bonus Program
- Share in the FUN! EBG gives $1000 per year in Tickets-At-Work gift cards to full-time employees to experience and enjoy the savings marketplace!